Place-Time Continuum - Sir Knight' Place-Time Continuum - Sir Knight'

The concept of the song is good. The execution is what lacks.

I think the lead synth could use some texture so it's not so, i don't know, grating?

You should also let more of the background instruments shine through sometimes. The best moments were around 0:17 and 0:24 when the lead stopped, and that glitched background synth provided a nice contrast. I think that kind of thing is lacking in the rest of the song, and it starts to sound somewhat bland as a result.

Imagine if you had a different instrument doing the lead melody from 0:00 to 0:13? I think that'd be the kind of contrast that would spice up this track.

Overall though, good concept and good effort.

ABitApe responds:

Wow, yeah that's some really good points. Thanks! I totally agree with you. Probably could've used some more "question & answer" techniques in the melody as well.

I've been trying to work more on contrasts and using silences lately. So let's hope it's not as much of a problem in future tracks ;)

8-bit Vengeance 8-bit Vengeance

You should crash your hard drive more often ;) nice job buddy

Follow the Charts Follow the Charts

Lol needed my bassiest headphones to fully enjoy that intro. Luvd it.

Very well done overall.

Lug Life - iamsam Lug Life - iamsam

I was actually expecting a 'newgrounds" reference around 1:54 lol.

I like the rhymes, though. This is an easy 7/10.

iamsam-sharman responds:

haha I could have slipped something about ng in, i didn't even think about it! lol maybe next time. Thanks!

Forgotten Forgotten

Pretty simple, but I like the melody overall. Nice job.

Pokemon X/Y Final Route Pokemon X/Y Final Route

I like the overall sound of this.

Bivouac Bivouac

This is good stuff. Lots of parts I love, but some parts that could be smoother melodically.

Overall, well done!

frootza responds:

Thanks wave! If you can, shoot me a PM with the section you feel needs smoothing.

frootza

It's Magic (8bit) It's Magic (8bit)

Pretty simplistic, but it has a nice sound. Some nice moments around 1:52 when you bring in that extra melody. More variation like this would've made this song shine, IMO.

LowAim responds:

Thanks a lot for the review! I guess it's a style of mine to keep things simple in the early parts of a song and then escalate it slowly only to kill it of quickly. I might re-work it though to add more variation!

Thanks again!

Decapod 10 Decapod 10

This had some nice moments. I didn't really enjoy the lead bass, though.

Let's Play in the Street Let's Play in the Street

Nice song and perfect title :) really loved this

retrobox2 responds:

Thanks, the titles comes from the minigame from Surn so the credits goes to him